Sunday 6 May 2012

Fair tidings old friend


Dear Wilbur,


How long it has been since we last communicated! And how much has transpired since that happy day! I find myself in urgent need to put pen to paper as I sit here awaiting my train to Abshot via Rustrum, and as you see, my hand is fair shaking with excitement! I have come most recently from the chambers of one Mr Burlap, to which I have long sought access, for there have been murmurs and whispers around the university that the rather unremarkable door to Number 5 Alder Crescent conceals myriad wonders for the esoterically inclined. I cannot at this juncture share with you what transpired within, and I suspect this is something that needs must occur on one of the rare occasions of our meeting face to face. However I can tell you that on leaving Number 5 Alder Crescent, I was furnished with the most intriguing of contraptions and told not to return. I am now making my way home to the rooms I have taken in Claptrap, a small village on the darkling side of Widdershanks, to ascertain in private and seclusion what this strange item might reveal.

I will leave this missive with the station thrombat to be delivered to you posthaste, wherever the tides have taken you on this day my dear old friend. I shall report back on my findings, as much as is possible via missive, and hope that it will not be long before we meet again. I hope to hear from you soon, and still await news of your most recent adventures, if I may call them that.

Yours as ever, in darkness and in light,
Cedric


No comments:

Post a Comment